As a DIY enthusiast, I often find myself in need of an angle grinder. I’ve tried a few brands, but I’m always drawn back to Makita for their reliable performance and long-lasting durability.
After doing extensive research and testing, I’ve narrowed down the best Makita angle grinders to five. In this article, I’ll discuss the features that I looked at and compare the different options available.
I’ll also explain why the Optimum Charger Starter Pack is a great choice and compare the differences between the Makita XAG04Z and GA7021.
With the help of this article, you will be able to make an informed decision on the best Makita angle grinder for your needs.
- Makita offers a wide range of angle grinders designed for comfort, reliability, and easy maintenance.
- The Makita XAG04Z Cordless Angle Grinder is a powerful tool with variable speed and brushless motor, ideal for a wide range of grinding applications.
- The Makita GA7021 7 inch Angle Grinder offers a more powerful motor and adjustable side handle compared to the 9557PB, making it ideal for larger projects.
- Makita is a great brand for angle grinders and offers over 250 cordless tools that utilize 18V lithium-ion batteries with Star protection inside.
The Features I looked at to determine my Top 3
Finding the best Makita angle grinder doesn’t have to be a hassle; I’ve narrowed it down to the top 5 based on features that matter most! From weight and size to power and speed, I took into account all the components that make an angle grinder great.
I researched the market in-depth and compared all the different models, ensuring I only selected the best of the best. The Makita XAG04Z Cordless Angle Grinder is a great example of a powerful tool that is lightweight and easy to use.
It has a variable speed motor that runs at 8,000 RPM and a brushless motor that increases the life of the tool by up to 50%. The soft start feature helps to reduce the initial start-up torque, making it ideal for a wide variety of grinding applications. It also has a lock-on switch for extended use and a side handle for improved control.
The Makita XAG04Z is a great option for a cordless angle grinder that is reliable and easy to use. Its ergonomic design and comfortable handle make it comfortable to use for long periods of time. Its powerful motor and variable speed settings make it a great choice for a wide range of applications.
With all of these features, it’s no wonder the Makita XAG04Z is one of the best choices when it comes to cordless angle grinders. With that in mind, it’s time to move on and explore the next Makita angle grinder in our top 5 list.
I was looking for an angle grinder that would provide me the power, control, and durability that I desired and the Makita XAG04Z Cordless Angle Grinder fits the bill perfectly.
This grinder features a brushless motor that delivers increased power and longer run time, as well as Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT) that ensures optimal performance. This technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation to ensure that you’re always getting the best results for your project.
The XAG04Z is powered by Makita 18V LXT and compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the Star symbol on the battery indicating Star protection inside. It is ideal for grinding, cutting, and sanding a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, and conduit.
It also includes 5 Ultra Thin Cut-Off Wheels, Lock Nut Wrench, Cut-Off Wheel Guard, 1/4 x 7/8 Inox Grinding Wheel, and Tool-less Wheel Guard.
- Brand: Makita
- Material: Polymer
- Item Dimensions: 8.4 x 13.3 x 5.5 inches
- Style: Grinder, Tool Only
- Power Source: Battery Powered
- Color: Grey/Blue
- Item Weight: 5.8 Pounds
- Voltage: 18 Volts
- Manufacturer: Makita
- Part Number: XAG04Z
- Item model number: XAG04Z
- Size: One Size
- Thickness: 1 Inches
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Measurement System: Metric
- Special Features: Variable-speed
- Included Components: 5 Ultra Thin Cut-Off Wheel, Stainless (B-46165), Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9), 5 Cut-Off Wheel Guard (126686-3), 5 x 1/4 x 7/8 INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-95962), 5 Tool-less Wheel Guard (126687-1)
- Brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life
- Automatic speed change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance
- Star protection Computer controls for improved tool performance and extended battery life
- Can be powered by Makita 18V LXT and compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the Star symbol on the battery indicating Star protection inside
- Ideal for grinding, cutting and sanding a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more
- Not as powerful as corded models
- Battery life can be limited
- Can be heavier and more expensive than corded models
For the power user looking for a reliable and precise corded angle grinder, the Makita 9557PB is an excellent choice. It offers a powerful 7.5 AMP motor and a compact design for comfortable handling.
The 4-1/2-inch angle grinder has a small circumference barrel grip for easy handling, and the lock-on/off feature allows for continuous operation. The AC/DC switch enables use with an alternative power source, while the spindle lock makes wheel changes a breeze.
The Makita 9557PB is designed to last, with Labyrinth construction seals protecting the drive gear and bearings from contamination. It is also lightweight, weighing only 4.5 lbs. for added comfort.
With its 11,000 RPM for high output power and extra large paddle switch, this angle grinder is an ideal choice for any job. Plus, it comes with a 1-year warranty and includes a grinding wheel, wrench, side handle, flange, and wheel guard.
- Brand: Makita
- Material: Metal
- Dimensions: 14 x 5 x 6 inches
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Color: Blue
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Maximum Rotational Speed: 10000 RPM
- Item Weight: 6.45 pounds
- Item model number: 9557PB
- Special Features: compact
- 1 Year Parts & Labor warranty
- Powerful 7.5 AMP motor delivers 11,000 RPM for high output power
- Compact design with small 2-1/2 diameter barrel and weighs only 4.5 lbs. for added comfort
- Lock-on/off feature for continuous operation
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- Spindle lock for easy wheel changes
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Not suitable for heavy-duty jobs
- Not cordless
Equip yourself with the reliable power of the Makita GA7021 7-inch Angle Grinder, and experience the precision and comfort of its tool-less wheel guard, rubberized soft grip handle, and side handle for optimal control.
With a 15-amp motor that delivers up to 6,600 RPM, you’ll be able to take on any project with ease. Its labyrinth construction helps to seal internal components from outside contaminants, and the switch handle rotates up to 90 degrees, allowing for maximum control.
And, with the included 7-inch grinding wheel, side handle, wheel guard, inner flange, lock nut, lock nut wrench, and operating manual, you’ll have everything you need to get the job done.
This grinder is designed for comfort and control. The rubberized soft grip handle reduces fatigue when using for extended periods of time, and the rear trigger switch with lock-on feature allows you to work without straining your hands. The side handle can be configured in any of three positions, so you can always find the most comfortable grip.
With its large rubber tool rest, you can rest assured your work piece will remain safe from any unwanted damage.
- Brand: Makita
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Maximum Rotational Speed: 6000 RPM
- Manufacturer: Makita
- Part Number: GA7021
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Special Features: Fixed-Speed
- Included Components: Grinding wheel, tool-less wheel guard, side handle, inner flange, lock-nut and wrench
- Product Dimensions: 21.25 x 9.25 x 7 inches
- Item model number: GA7021
- Powerful 15 AMP motor delivers 6,600 RPM for fast stock removal
- Rubberized soft grip handle for increased operator comfort
- Rear trigger switch with lock-on for extended operation
- Tool-less wheel guard for quick and easy adjustments
- Large rubber tool rest to protect work piece from damage
- Labyrinthine construction helps seal internal components from outside contaminants
- Switch handle rotates 90 degrees left and right
- Side handle can be configured in any of 3 positions for user comfort and control
- Includes 7-inch grinding wheel, side handle, wheel guard, inner flange, lock nut, lock nut wrench, and operating manual
- Heavy at 15.4 pounds, may not be suitable for extended use for some users
- Switch locking mechanism can be dangerous if not used carefully
- Cooling system design may cause metal dust to enter motor and brushes, potentially shortening the lifespan of the tool.
Makita is a great brand when it comes to angle grinders. They offer powerful motors, ergonomic designs, and plenty of features to make tackling projects easy. With its long line of powerful and reliable grinders, Makita has been a leader in the industry for many years. The company is known for its commitment to creating durable, high-quality tools that are built to last.
From cordless grinders to large-scale commercial grinders, Makita has a tool to fit any budget or need. Makita’s angle grinders are designed with comfort in mind, featuring ergonomic handles and vibration-dampening technology to reduce fatigue and improve accuracy. The company also offers a wide range of features, from dust collection systems and variable speed controls to quick-release wheel guards and adjustable depth settings. With so many options, it’s easy to find the ideal grinder for any job.
Makita angle grinders are also highly reliable and easy to maintain. With regular cleaning and lubrication, they can last for years with minimal upkeep. And with a wide range of accessories available, it’s easy to customize your grinder for any task. Overall, Makita is a great choice for any angle grinder need.
If you are not convinced by Makita’s Angle Grinders you can always check “The Best DeWalt Angle grinder“.
Moving on, why’s the Optimum Charger Starter Pack a good option?
I’m sure you’re wondering why the Optimum Charger Starter Pack from Makita is a good option. Well, let me explain.
This starter pack comes with everything you need to get started with a Makita LXT Cordless System. It includes an 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery with a full charge in 40 minutes or less, an XAG04Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 4-1/2 / 5 Cut-Off/Angle Grinder, and the Rapid Optimum Charger.
The Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions. Makita offers over 250 cordless tools that utilize 18V lithium-ion batteries, most available as bare tools (tool only, no batteries or charger included).
The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes for longer life and cooler, more efficient running. Plus, the integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows you to monitor the battery charge. And the Active Feedback Sensing Technology (AFT) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop.
The Makita 18V Lithium-Ion Batteries also resist self-discharge for use even after long periods of storage. And with the Star Protection Computer Controls, the tool and battery exchange data in real-time to monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging, and overheating.
So, if you’re looking to get the most out of your Makita cordless tool, the Optimum Charger Starter Pack is the perfect way to get started.
Now, let’s talk about the differences between the Makita GA7021 vs 9557PB.
Comparing the Makita GA7021 and 9557PB, you’ll find some notable differences that can help you decide which is the right angle grinder for your needs.
The GA7021 offers a 7.5-amp motor that delivers 11,000 RPMs, while the 9557PB offers a 6-amp motor that delivers 11,000 RPMs, making the GA7021 more powerful. The GA7021 also has a side handle that can be adjusted to three different positions, while the 9557PB has a single position side handle.
In terms of weight, the GA7021 is slightly heavier than the 9557PB, although the difference is not substantial. Additionally, the GA7021 has a dust-sealed switch to protect the tool from dust, while the 9557PB does not. The GA7021 also has a paddle-style switch for easier operation, while the 9557PB has a slide switch.
In terms of grinding disc size, the GA7021 can accommodate discs up to 7 inches in diameter, while the 9557PB can accommodate discs up to 5 inches in diameter. Additionally, the GA7021 comes with a wrench for added convenience, while the 9557PB does not. Both tools come with a spindle lock for easy disc changes, but the 9557PB has a slightly larger spindle lock than the GA7021.
These differences between the GA7021 and 9557PB can help you decide which is the right angle grinder for your needs. Both tools offer powerful performance and reliable construction, so it comes down to the features that are most important to you.
Whether you’re looking for a powerful motor, adjustable side handle, dust-sealed switch, or larger grinding disc size, the GA7021 or 9557PB can provide it. Ready to decide which one to pick? Let’s take a look at the Makita XAG04Z vs GA7021.
So, you’re trying to decide between the Makita XAG04Z and GA7021? Both are great angle grinders with some differences that will help you make the right choice.
The Makita XAG04Z is the newer model and is designed for smaller, lighter-duty projects. It has a 4-pole motor that delivers 10,000 RPM for improved performance. It also has a soft start feature for more efficient start-up. It’s lightweight at only 4.7 lbs and features a small circumference of only 9-1/4 inches for easy handling.
The Makita GA7021 is still a great angle grinder for larger projects. It offers 7,000 RPM of power, making it ideal for cutting and grinding concrete, masonry, and more. It has a larger circumference of 11-1/4 inches and weighs 6.4 lbs, making it heavier than the XAG04Z. This angle grinder also features a side handle for improved control and overall balance.
It all comes down to the type of project you’re tackling. If you’re doing a smaller project, the Makita XAG04Z is the better choice. For larger projects, the Makita GA7021 is the way to go. Both are excellent angle grinders, so either choice is sure to serve you well.
Cordless and corded angle grinders both have their advantages. Corded grinders are powerful and reliable, but cordless grinders offer greater portability. Cordless grinders also tend to be lighter and easier to maneuver. Ultimately, it depends on the job and your preferences.
Makita angle grinders are designed with safety in mind. Features include a guard that covers the grinding wheel, side-handle for easy control, and a safety switch to prevent accidental startups. They also include an automatic shutoff for when the wheel becomes jammed or overheated.
Yes, the Optimum Charger Starter Pack comes with a 2 year warranty. I’m confident I’m making the right choice for my needs. Enjoy peace of mind knowing your purchase is protected.
Makita angle grinders make a lot of noise when in use. It’s loud and can be quite intrusive, especially in smaller spaces. However, they’re incredibly powerful and reliable, making them worth the noise.
In conclusion, Makita is a great brand for angle grinders. After carefully reviewing the top 5 Makita angle grinders, I’ve come to the conclusion that the Makita XAG04Z Cordless angle grinder is the best choice. It’s lightweight, compact, and offers a great balance between power and maneuverability.
Plus, the Optimum Charger Starter Pack is an excellent option for charging your grinder on the go.
Lastly, the Makita GA7021 7 inch Angle Grinder is a great choice for heavier-duty projects, but if you’re looking for something more lightweight and portable, the Makita 9557PB Corded angle grinder is a great choice.